Are you looking for an easy guide on how to draw a cat?
Well, look no further! We’ve got you covered with our step-by-step tutorial on how to draw an easy cat right here on YouTube.
In this post, Rush Philanthropic will be guiding you through the entire process of designing and drawing a realistic kitty—from selecting the perfect subject in front of your eyes to bringing it up onto paper as if it were actually alive!
You will have fun learning all these simple yet effective techniques that professional artists use every day when creating their magical pieces of art.
So get ready for sketching supplies, and let us show you how you can create masterpieces with just some basic materials!
What will you learn in this YouTube tutorial on How to Draw an Easy Cat Step by Step?
- This YouTube tutorial will teach you step by step how to draw a cat easily.
- Additionally, you will learn shading and highlighting techniques to give your drawing a polished finish.
These are the materials we will use.
How to draw an easy cat step by step on YouTube?
Step 1 – Circles for eyes
- Start by drawing two circles for the eyes, making sure there is enough space in between for the nose.
- Position them according to the desired size of the eyes; if they are to be bigger, mark a point slightly higher than usual.
- Connect the two circles with a slight curve that tapers into the top, and add a bit of shading underneath.
- Then go in and thicken up the curve on each eye, add some gentle foreign lines at the bottom, and comparatives at the end to create a cute floating effect.
- Finally, draw on some more curves at the top of each eye to anchor them further.
Step 2 – Draw the nose.
- Next, draw the nose by starting between the eyes and drawing a small arrow shape.
- Then, continue with a soft curve, rounding the corners, until you reach the center and connect the lines.
Step 3 – Draw the mouth.
- To draw the mouth, start by continuing from the center of the nose and drawing a straight line downward.
- Then, create a big curl by curving the line outwards.
- Once you reach the desired endpoint, you can then trace back the same line to create a smooth curve.
Step 4 – Draw the head
- To draw the head, begin by returning to the location of the double eyes and drawing a curve around one eye, then repeating the same for the other eye. This will help frame the face.
- Next, draw a good curve below the eyes in the shape of a wide and beautiful letter “U”.
- Then, imagine this curve going through the face and continue drawing until you reach the desired endpoint.
- To complete the head, imagine a point right in the center and draw a curve in the middle.
- This will give the head more shape and structure.
- Finally, to create the neck, draw a curve from the bottom of the head down to the desired endpoint.
Step 5 – Draw the ears
- To draw the ears, start off by curling inward for an S-shaped curve.
- Then curve it out and bring it up. Use a zigzag pattern inside the ear to create hair.
- Take a moment to judge the angles and distances needed for an accurate result, but when working on small details like this, pulling points may not be necessary as they are easier to see in a smaller size.
- Finally, drag the point downward to complete your ears.
Step 6 – Draw the whiskers
- To draw whiskers on your cat, draw three whiskers on each cheek.
- These should be curved and come out from the sides of the face for an authentic look.
Step 7 – Draw the Body
- To draw the body, start by connecting the central area behind the collar to the bottom of the curve.
- Adjust the height as necessary to ensure proportionality.
- Once you have the basic shape, draw a curve that defines the chest area.
- To create the front legs, draw a line downward from the chest area and curve it slightly outward.
- Draw a downward angle to create the foot, and repeat the process for the other leg.
- Remember to curve inward slightly where the foot meets the leg for a more natural look.
- Create two front legs that come together by curving inward to end the front.
- Pop out a small curve to pause, bend right there, and go forward to point and connect it at the bottom.
- Add two more curves to complete the legs, repeating the process on the other side.
Step 8 – Draw the back body and hind legs.
- To draw the back body and hind legs, add a small curve in the appropriate spot.
- Then, for the back, bring the line in and create a bend.
- Once you have the basic shape, drop it off and connect it.
- Don’t forget to add a curve in the appropriate spot.
- Next, apply shading or texture to the space in between.
- Finally, connect the hind legs to the body using a soft curve.
Step 9 – The tail is so long.
- To draw a long, curved tail for a cat, start at the base and trace an arching line in the direction you want the tail to go. Make sure to add an angle or curve to create the desired effect.
Step 10 – Draw a heart shape.
- To draw a heart shape, start by drawing a line and then adding the two curves that form the top of the heart.
- Then, bring the line back up and add the two curves that form the bottom of the heart.
Step 11 – Draw the stripes
- To add stripes to your cat drawing, start by lightly sketching the desired pattern.
- Start by sketching out the shape and size of the stripe pattern you want to create.
- Then draw narrower lines inside it for more definition.
- You can create a zigzag pattern from the base or spread them randomly in different areas.
Step 12 – Add shadows and colors.
- To color your cat, first select the colors you want to use, and then begin coloring in the different areas of the cat using markers or crayons.
- To create contrast, use a lighter color for the underbelly and a darker color for the back and tail.
- You can also add extra details to your cat, such as stripes, spots, or a collar.
- Use a black marker or pen to darken the outline of the cat and add in details like whiskers and claws.
- Finally, add shadows to your drawing by using a darker version of the same color you used or a different color altogether.
Drawing a cat is not impossible, it can be done simply and quickly if the right steps are followed.
With the help of this blog, you can now go about creating your own versions of cats in no time at all.
You may also find that your work becomes easier as you perfect the necessary skills by visiting YouTube tutorials and following along with the instructions provided.
If you ever feel like taking on a more challenging project, consider how to draw an easy realistic cat step by step; these tutorials will certainly give you insight into new techniques for your artwork.
So why not take some time out of your day and try out what has been discussed in this blog post?
Get comfortable with a pencil, paper and maybe even some watercolors, then go ahead and learn How to draw an easy cat step by step on YouTube!